Friday, July 31, 2009

Some updates

First off, a quick note about my major non-magic related pursuit, fiction. I recently had a story published on Anderbo.com, an online journal. Click here to read it. It's my second published story.

I've got a few magic related posts I'm working on. I should be able to get one up this weekend, and at least one up this week. Also, I'm hoping to attend the Cubestravaganza in Louisville this weekend.

One thing I did want to mention, m10 and the xbox game seem to be having the desired effect. I went to FNM last week and there were a lot of new DCI cards given out. Several of the players really hadn't been to tournaments ever, or hadn't played in ten years. I'm glad to see Magic doing well, and somewhat shocked to see just how recession-proof the game seems to be. I for one am always really happy to see new people playing. Yes they make terrible mistakes and screw up drafts by being solid 4 colors, but new players who continue become regulars, which help to refill playgroups with new members. When a playgroup stops growing, it starts dying. I hope to see some of those same people come back again to keep Magic in my area strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment